First, for foremost, this isn’t a story about enabling fake GPS location, so don’t get too excited.
The purpose of “Find My Device” for the tech giant’s Android phone users is to help them locate their phones and ensure that their personal data remains safe and secure in case they misplace their phone. With “Find My Device,” you can use the GPS on your phone to track it in real time.
There are several advantages to changing your location on your Android. These advantages range from improved data security to increased privacy, and they even allow you to access streamed content.
If you are an Android user, you have quite a few options regarding changing your location. These include the use of a Virtual Private Network (VPN), changing application permissions, and modifying your phone settings.
Let us begin by explaining how to switch your location on your Android using the methods listed below. You have the utmost freedom to choose the one that you find most suitable for you.
Change Your Location with Your Android Device
Even though our Android devices are sophisticated, there isn’t a single button that can be used to change your location. However, there are still ways to make it happen. The two main methods include changing your IP address by using a VPN and adjusting the location settings on your device.
- Without the use of a VPN: You can change your location on your Android in several ways, for example, by activating the mock location feature embedded in your options. Usually, this technique entails downloading an unofficial app from a third party to fake GPS coordinates.
- With the use of a VPN: The main point of using a VPN is to hide your true location. This happens as it obscures your IP address. Geo-restricted content becomes accessible by using a VPN because this adds another layer of security.
Reasons to Change Your Location Settings on Your Android
There are several reasons to modify your Android device’s location settings – and no, your significant other isn’t one of them.
- Access geo-restricted content: Only specific areas may have access to certain apps or content. You can get around these limitations by changing your location.
- Privacy: You can increase your privacy by changing your location, making it harder for online services to track where you are physically.
- Testing and development: Developers may need to adjust the location settings to test location-based features of their apps.
Keep in Mind
“Find My iPhone,” a similar iPhone feature, was developed before “Find My Device” on Android. Android decided to modify the feature to better suit users’ needs, both in terms of privacy and functionality. And all that, without even having to create a fake GPS location.
Do you believe that this feature is the reason why some people believe that men who use Android are not trustworthy? As a woman, I would be aware of this.
Inside Telecom provides you with an extensive list of content covering all aspects of the tech industry. Keep an eye on our Tech sections to stay informed and up-to-date with our daily articles.